First off, happy 1st day of Spring! I snagged these flowers from my yard. The sun was shining bright today, and dare I say the weather is warming up?! A lot of Virginia beach friends and even my two oldest sons braved the weather conditions this weekend for all the Shamrock races, fun to see photos and hear about how cold it was on the course.
Monday snuck up on me again. Here are a few things I’ve enjoyed over the past week:
- Have you seen this poster floating around the internet? It has an illustration of every. single. bird in North America! Talk about inspiration. A group of artists all participated, so that’s even cooler.
- A great reminder about mindfulness, and how to take control.
- My “real” first job was an Event Planner Coordinator at Washington College, and those four years I spent there were a big part of my journey of becoming an adult! The college recently produced a wonderful video about Sophie Kerr –> Sophie Kerr (1880–1965) was a prolific writer of the early 20th century whose stories about smart, ambitious women mirrored her own evolution from small-town girl to successful career woman”. I watched the entire video, and smiled through most of it. Especially when one of my favorite faces popped up, Michele Volansky, Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Theatre and Dance at WC.
- I just read this awesome post about making assumptions.”If you’re like a growing population of self-doubting moms, upon realizing that her house is clean (and yours looks like wild monkeys had a sleepover last night), you immediately transfer the fact that she does one thing well to the fact that she does everything well.” Just yes, to all of it.
- And while you’re planning your garden… remember these wonderful plants and flowers that the bees, hummingbirds & butterflies will thank you for!