I’ve been making changes and adjustments into my daily work and life recently, and thought the blog would be a good place to look at my week ahead, and add a few things that are inspiring me!
- Have you read this article yet? I’m guilty of a few of these: 8 bits of plastic you can quit right now
- Ever been to Kitsch in Norfolk? The cute shop is brimming with things made exclusively by talented people who live in VA! They celebrates 5 Years this week, totally cool. I will be the first to admit I rarely get out to Norfolk, but may make an exception.
- I’m the “social media muse” of the Jr VB Garden Club, and we are finishing up the online pre-order Flower Sale this week. 100% of the proceeds go out to our Virginia Beach community – this year we’re helping the VA Aquarium purchase a vehicle. If you’re local – we’d love your order! All plants are locally grown, and we even have veggies this year.
- Have you heard of Kirpalu: Center for Yoga & Health? It’s located in the mountains of Stockbridge, Massachusetts. My best friend and I are headed up there in TWO weeks for a R&R weekend of yoga, mountains, massages, SNOW, and seeing my sister (she works there!). We can’t be more excited as we’ve never done a girls trip like this before – have you done a spa/retreat getaway with your friends? Any tips/suggestions of what we should bring?
- My new favorite Etsy Shop is “TheLittleNaturalist“, Jessie is a homeschool mom based in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, selling humanely found & collected nature objects & small collections as well as resources and items to aid in nature studies and natural arts and crafts for children and adults.
- Each month, I have been attending a “Well Women” workshop. The last two were AMAZING, and inspirational, with speakers Anne Leonard of The Stock Pot, and Jess Horton of The Fit Petite. Really looking forward to Wednesday’s workshop about “Drama: We Create it Ourselves”. If you’re interested in learning more about this awesome group of women, let me know! P.s. I am the speaker for the March workshop (!!!!!).
- Since starting my yoga practice at the beginning of this year, I’ve “down-dogged” myself in taking as many classes as I can fit into my already busy schedule. This quick article gives you the 10 Beginner Yoga FAQ, super helpful. (And for those of you interested in Hot Yoga – my “Hot Yoga Essentials” is just 5 items! See below..)
Let’s do this Monday! What’s on your list for the week?
A built-in-bra tank (NOT cotton) | A Yoga towel | Leggings (not cotton again) | Ice cold water in a Hydroflask | Any old Yoga Mat will do!